DR. TANIA ISLAM
Department of Surgery
Faculty of Medicine
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, W.Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
ResearcherID Link http://www.researcherid.com/rid/S-1315-2016
• PhD, NAGOYA UNIVERSITY
• MBBS, UNIVERSITY OF CHITTAGONG
(Organisation), (Role), (Year), (Level).
• Bangladesh Medical and Dental Association (BMDC), Member, 2004, (University)
• Japan Epidemiological Association, Member, 2011 to 2012, (International)
• Malaysian Medical Council, Members Of The Association, 2016 to 2019, (University)
(Role), (Level), (Start date),(End Date).
• Project Manager of MyBCC project, Faculty, 01/08/2017 to 30/06/2019
• Coordinator,UMMC Breast Cancer Survivorship Service Programme, Faculty, 01/08/2016 to 31/07/2017 (“UMMC Breast Cancer Survivorship Service Programme”)
• Project Coordinator ” Malaysian Breast Cancer Survivorship Cohort Study(MyBCC)”, Faculty, 01/08/2016 to 31/07/2019 (MyBCC project)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Preventive Medicine
• Medical and Health Sciences
AREAS OF RESEARCH
(Project title), (Role), (From)-(Until), (Level), (Source).
• DEVELOPING A BREAST CANCER AWARENESS PSYCHOEDUCATIONAL TOOL IN MALAYSIAN WOMEN TO IMPROVE HEALTH LITERACY AND EARLY DETECTION, Consultant, 2019 – 2019, RU Geran – UMCares, (National)
• Exploration of Needs of Patient and Health Systems in Implementing a Breast Cancer Survivorship Care Plan in Malaysia, Coordinator, 2018 – 2019, NONE, (National)
• Multidisciplinary Point of Care Data Capture for Innovative Healthcare: The I-pesakit Breast Cancer Module Prototype, enhancement of the University Malaya Medical Centre I-pesakit Electronic Medical Records, Consultant, 2017 – 2019, Prototype Research Grant Scheme (PRGS), (National)
• Breast Cancer Risk Attributable With Mammographic Density Of The Breast And Body Fat, Consultant, 2015 – 2018, Geran Penyelidikan Universiti Malaya (UMRG Programme) – HTM (Wellness), (University)
• The Outcomes And Associated Factors Of Financial Support Among Breast Cancer Survivors, Principal Investigator(PI), 2015 – 2018, Postgraduate Research Grant (PPP) – Research, (National)
• Malaysian Breast Cancer Survivorship Cohort Study, Others, 2015 – 2016, High Impact Research (HIR), (National)
• Vitamin D And Risk Of Breast Cancer In Malaysia, Consultant, 2015 – 2018, Geran Penyelidikan Universiti Malaya (UMRG Programme) – HTM (Wellness), (University)
• Malaysian Breast Cancer Survivorship Cohort Study (MyBCC), Others, 2014 – 2015, UM -QUB Research Grant, (International)
(Project title), (Role), (From)-(Until), (Organisation).
• Scientific Reviewer for the Integrative Cancer Therapies Journal, 2018-2018, Integrative Cancer Therapies Journal
• Scientific Reviewer of Integrative Cancer Therapies Journal, 2017-2017, Integrative Cancer Therapies Journal
• 5th AHLA International Health Literacy Conference, 2017-2017, Asian Health literacy Associations
• Malaysian Breast Cancer Survivorship Cohort(MyBCC) Project, 2016-2016, Department of Surgery
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
(Name of Award), (Awarding Institution), (Year Awarded), (Level).
• The Hori Arts and Science Foundation , Hori Foundation, Japan, 2012, (National)
• Japan Student Services Organization (Jasso) Scholarships, The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, 2011, (International)
(Linkages Description), (Organisation), (Year of Involvement), (Duration), (Level).
• The Project ECHO for Knowledge Summaries for Comprehensive Breast Cancer Control (KSBC), the US National Cancer Institute , 2018, (International)
(Activity), (Organisation), (Role), (From)-(Until), (Level).
• Review of scientific article, The journal of Science and Technology, Scientific Reviewer, 2018-2019, (International)
• Implementation of Malaysian Breast Cancer Survivorship Care Plan, UM, Coordinator, 2018-2019, (National)
CONTRIBUTION TO SOCIETY
(Contribution To Society), (Level), (Start Date), (End Date).
• Turner & Townsend “Breast cancer Awareness talk “, (Community), 05/10/2018 until 05/10/2018
• Committee Member, Pink October ” October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month”, (Community), 01/10/2018 until 30/11/2018
• Coordinator, Breast Cancer Campaign ” Show you Care Be Aware” and Booth Exhibition, (Community), 09/10/2017 until 30/12/2017
• Secretariate “4th UMMC Breast Cancer Public Forum”, (Community), 08/10/2017 until 08/12/2017
• Member Organizing Committee, “Cooking for success with the Candy Girls” programme, (Community), 22/10/2016 until 22/10/2016
• SECRETARIAT (Publicity),”3rd UMMC Breast Cancer Public Forum 2016 “, (Community), 09/10/2016 until 09/12/2016