DR. KOONG JUN KIT
Department of Surgery
Faculty of Medicine
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, W.Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
• HPB, ADDENBROOKES HOSPITAL, PART OF CAMBRIDGE, UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
• MSurgery(2012), UNIVERSITY OF MALAYA (UM)
• MRCP(UK), ROYAL COLLEGE OF SURGEONS OF IRELAND
• MBBS(2004), INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
• INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY(SCIENCE)
(Organisation), (Role), (Year), (Level).
• Asia-Pacific Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association, Member, 2013 to 2014, (International)
• Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland, Member, 2015, (International)
• National Specialist Register (General Surgery), Member, 2015 to 2020, (University)
• International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association, Member, 2015 to 2016, (International)
• College of Surgeons , Academy of Medicine , Active Member, 2017, (National)
• Liver Transplant Welfare Society, Treasurer, 2018 to 2019, (National)
(Role), (Level), (Start date),(End Date).
• Coordinator, Faculty, 09/04/2018 to 19/04/2018 (Clinical exams coordinator)
• Programme Coordinator, Faculty, 01/01/2018 to 31/12/2018 (UMMP Programme)
• Coordinator, Faculty, 18/12/2017 to 31/05/2018 (Coordinator for Barrier Assessment for UMMP program)
• Chairman, Faculty, 06/09/2017 to 31/12/2017 (Chairman of UMMP Department of Surgery)
• Coordinator, Faculty, 09/05/2017 to 01/12/2017 (Exam Coordinator for 3.2 EOP exams)
• Revising Committee, National Postgraduate Surgical Curriculum Writing Group 2015, University Malaya, 08/12/2014 to 31/12/2016 (Part of a dynamic group that is revising the current Postgraduate Curriculum)
• Committee Member, Liver Transplant Service, University Malaya Medical Centre 2014, University Malaya, 18/08/2014 to 15/08/2015 (Committee in the setting up of liver transplant services in UMMC)
• Committee Member, Electronic Medical Records, University Malaya Medical Centre 2014, University Malaya, 28/04/2014 to 15/08/2015 (Represented Department of Surgery in planning and implementation of EMR)
AREAS OF RESEARCH
(Project title), (Role), (From)-(Until), (Level), (Source).
• Indocyanine Green Enhanced Fluorescence Cholangiography Assisted Laparosocpic Cholecystectomy Versus Conventional Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy : A Prospective Study, Principal Investigator(PI), 2017 – 2018, Private Funding, (National)
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
(Name of Award), (Awarding Institution), (Year Awarded), (Level).
• Certificate of Appreciation , Malaysian Medics International, 2018, (University)
• Member of The Academy of Medicine in Malaysia , Council of Academy of Medicine of Malaysia , 2017, (National)
• Best Video Presentation Award – 3rd Prize, College of Surgeons Annual Scientific Congress 2017 , College of Surgeons, Academy of Medicine of Malaysia , 2017, (National)
• Best Poster Award, College of Surgeons, Academy of Medicine of Malaysia, 2016, (National)
• Best Oral Presentation Award, Malaysian Urologial Association, 2010, (National)
• Good Clinical Practice, Clinical Research Centre (Crc), 2009, (National)
• Basic Surgical Skills Course (Bssc), Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland, 2005, (International)
(Linkages Description), (Organisation), (Year of Involvement), (Duration), (Level).
• Treasurer, Liver Transplant Welfare Fund , 2018, (National)
• ODISSEA Program, TPM- DTI Foundation , 2018, 36, (International)
• Clinical Fellow, Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, The University of Cambridge, Cambridge University Hospital, United Kingdom, 2015, (International)
(Activity), (Organisation), (Role), (From)-(Until), (Level).
• Panel for Research Proposal Defense on Assessment of Professionalism amo by final year medical students via multi source feedback, Medical Education Research and Development Unit , UM, Panel Member, 2018-2019, (University)
• ODDiSEA Progarm, University of Malaya in collaboration with University of Barcelona and DTI foundation, Coordinator, 2018-2020, (International)
(Description), (Evaluation Activity),(Year).
• Medical Journal of Malaysia, Article In Journal , (2018 – 2018)
• Journal of Gastroeneterology and Hepatology, Article In Journal , (2018 – 2018)
CONTRIBUTION TO SOCIETY
(Contribution To Society), (Level), (Start Date), (End Date).
• Reviewer, Medical Journal of Malaysia, (National), 23/10/2014 until 23/04/2016